Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April 21st

It's Tuesday morning as I sit down to write this little update. We've have had our first "post-launch" worship gathering, it's 66 degrees outside and my yard is finally mowed again. 

But before I fill you in on what has been happening recently, I want to say thank you. Thank you for continuing to partner with us in prayer over the last ten months (or longer for some) as we have planned and prepared as best we could for this amazing adventure. God hears the prayers of His people, and I am confident that those prayers have deeply impacted every area of this new church start. 

Now that things are settling back into more of a "normal routine" (if there really is such a thing) I hope you will continue on with us. So often, church plants put so much into the launch that it makes that event seem like the climax of the adventure. But in reality, it is only the beginning; we need your partnership in prayer now as much as we ever have. You are an invaluable part of this church!
--------------------------------------------
Now, on to the update:

This past Sunday was just amazing! I knew that at least one of our key volunteers would be out of town, and I had no idea if any of our first time visitors might return. But as odd as this might sound, I just wasn't concerned about it. Don't misunderstand me- I truly want people to feel welcomed at C3, and I hope that we become home to many folks who are still just exploring who Jesus is, as well as people who feel like they've "fallen through the cracks" in other churches. But I refuse to be consumed by the pursuit of some random attendance number. Just think about how much courage it takes each time someone walks into a building where a church meets for the first time (or the second). It is a privilege for us when anyone does this, and those people should be welcomed into a place that focuses on and celebrates the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We only have one "number" we need to focus on: One more. 

With that freedom in mind, I can honestly say that it was such a blessing to see several first time visitors return, and to again have close to 40 folks come together for worship. I hope you will pray this week for each of those visitors (several of which are kiddos), that they will continue to experience the love of Christ in a tangible way through C3, and will continue their journey toward a close, abiding connection with Him as Savior. 

I would also like to ask that you pray for a friend of ours from Grace Christian Church. Kathy Vogel is preparing for back surgery, which can be a really scary thing. Please pray for wisdom and guidance for the doctors, and for healing and comfort for Kathy. 

Don't forget- if you would like us to pray for you, you can send us a note in the comment section of this blog, or send me an email at: jeffh@loveliveserve.org.

In Him We Live,

Jeff

p.s.- My fellow blogger and pastor Jason had a similiar experience this last week, and what he wrote about it is just awesome. If you'd like to check it out, click here


1 comment:

jasonS said...

Thanks Jeff and we'll keep praying for you definitely. We keep going until everybody hears, until everybody gets a chance to respond to the REAL Jesus.

Blessings!