Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
From Brenda - please pray:
1. is our HS Choir director, was in the hospital for sever chest pains...we have a major concert on Friday...Mr. D.
2. A board member/choir dad, Joe S. fell down a flight of stairs in Austin, he had to have surgery to releave pressure on his brain...could be perminant damage.
3. My co-worker Maira...went in for a follow up appt for possible breast cancer.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
- Organization of our refreshment ministry has recently been assumed by Teeya Huf. This is a bigger step for us than it might seem on the surface, because the refreshment ministry was the last of our initial launch ministries still being cared for by interim leadership.
- Kids Crossing continues to be the surprise story of C3. To respond to the growing challenges of having 1/3 or higher of our attendance made up of kids each week, the leadership has brought Kerri Graham on part time as the director of our Children's ministry. She brings over a decade of teaching experience and will develop curriculum, train volunteers, and just love on the kids! We were excited to be able to send nine of our kiddos along with Kerri and her husband Joe to camp a few weeks ago, and they all had a blast!
- Our website is VERY close to being complete, pending some text I am currently working on and some animation refinements that Dorothea is finishing. I will let you know as soon as the site is up and running!
Monday, May 18, 2009
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
- Meeting in a public location will necessitate us being much more "portable" than we have been so far. Please pray for this transition, and for wisdom as we purchase new equipment to help facilitate this change and learn how best to pack and transport everything.
- Please pray for the core group as we adjust to a new way of "doing church." This larger location will give us opportunities to begin new ministries, and more people places to serve. Please pray that everyone finds their "fit."
- Please pray for people in our area who do not yet know the incredible love of Christ, or have a church home. Pray that as we move ahead in the next few weeks, C3 will have opportunities to connect with these folks, begin to build lasting relationships, and share the grace and Truth of the gospel.
- Finally, please pray for each leader at C3; that we will make godly decisions, that our lives will be pure before God, and that as we continue to grow as His disciples, we are able to encourage others to come with us.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
- We are looking for liability insurance for the church. This must be in place before we move into any public facility. An insurance broker is working hard for us, but some insurance companies have placed a moratorium on any new policies within the county that we would like to meet, which has slowed down the process. Please pray that C3 will find and secure affordable insurance so we can begin to meet publicly.
- Pending the securing of insurance, we have placed a request with a local school district to rent a Jr. High. Please pray that this request meets with approval.
- All of our friends who are homeless need to find transitional housing, but one in particular is in immediate need of longer-term transitional housing. We're doing our best to help, but it is a very arduous process. Please join us in praying that he will be granted acceptance into one of the facilities that we are currently contacting.
- Several of our core group peeps are facing, or have made decisions that may affect them financially. Some are seeking wisdom concerning careers. Some are making changes and seeking to down-size in response to these coming changes. I have seen them all face their decisions with faith, and I'm asking that you will pray for strength as they continue to trust Him.
Friday, February 20, 2009
- Please pray that his blood levels return to normal after this round of chemo.
- Please pray for peace and continued courage and faith- for both Kyle and his Mom, Cindy.\
- Please pray for God to heal Kyle.