Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21st

Hi there!

Wow- our big move is over, and we have been working to get things unpacked and in their "place" in our new digs. Tomorrow, we will finally get phone and Internet installed at the house- something for which I am very grateful! It's been about 3 weeks since I had easy access to an Internet connection, and in that time I have been relying on "borrowed" wi-fi from our friends Ron and Kathy while visiting with them, or public access points like the one I'm using today at Starbucks.

Yesterday, several of the Convergence "core" joined my family and I at Crossbridge Christian Church in the Cypress-Fairbanks area of Houston, where I got to share the morning message. It was a blast, and I really appreciated the opportunity. (If you would like a copy of the message, just let me know, and I'll do my best to get one to you.)

Outside of yesterday's "special" circumstances, our group has gathered together two other times in July. This brings me to our most pressing need this week. As we made plans for this time in the life of Convergence, I projected that we would be of a size that allowed us to meet in one home or another for a few months. However, we have had more folks coming than I originally anticipated. This is a wonderful situation, and it's given us yet another reason to praise our great God (because this is all about what He has done), but it also presents us with the need to find some sort of temporary location in which we can meet for a few months.

I'm asking that you pray this week about this need- that we will be able to quickly locate a venue that serve as our temporary "home,"- and that this location will be affordable for our young church.

Thanks so much for being a C3 prayer partner!

In Him We Live,

Jeff

No comments: