Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 20

Things are scooting right along at C3, and I'm grateful you've stopped in to pray with us!

First, I want to follow up the last post with an update on our children's ministry, Kids Crossing: As I mentioned last time, we've had to expand things to handle the influx of kiddos over the last few months (this is a great problem to have!) and I asked you to pray about our volunteer situation. I'm happy to report that our ministry director, Kerri, just finished a new schedule that successfully places volunteers in all the most needed positions! Prayer is still needed for a few more volunteers to get us to the ideal number of workers each week, but we no longer have "holes" in the area of lead teachers each week.

I'm also excited to let you know that two new families, the Queen's and the Potter's, have recently joined C3. It's awesome to have them on this journey, and I suppose the greatest praise for me is that they felt so welcome. I hope you'll join us in praying that Convergence continues to be a group that feels like family and a place that feels like home to people that are searching.

Another one of our friends who recently came to C3 is Randy. He has asked us to pray for a single mom named Sherry, as well as for her kids. God is big enough to know what they need without any details here- please join us in praying for them.

Finally, I always appreciate your prayers for myself and the other leaders at Convergence as we strive to make decisions and live in a way that consistently honors Christ. On a personal note, I will be preaching four nights across town next week at Memorial Christian Church starting on Sunday evening the 25th through Wednesday evening the 28th, and I would be grateful if you would pray for those gatherings!

Thank you for partnering with us in prayer!

In Him we live,

Jeff

No comments: